HomeAbout ADMBBoard Members/ Contact InformationEducationPredator Laws, Rules, and RegsResourcesFAQ's

Agency Links

Wyoming Rabies Management Site

Applications For
County Predator Management Districts
Can Be Found
Dept. of Audit
Electronic budget
Form Click

Applications For ADMB Funding Can Be Found Here, and Additional Information Can Be Found On Our Resources Page 

Frequently Asked Questions

     -Who Do I Contact To Report Damage As A Result of Predation?

      - Contact your County Predator Board and local Wyoming Game and Fish office.

-Who Do I Contact for the Gray Wolf Depredation Program?

       see Predator laws tab on main page for Chapter 4 regulations

 - Contact Jerry Johnson 307-777-6781 

Forms Needed:

ADMB Gray Wolf Animal Damge Claim Form

WS1235 Wildlife Serices Wolf Invistigation form

-What Animals are Statutorily Classified as a Predator in Wyoming?

-As per Wyoming state statute 11-6-302-ix a predator is a "Coyote, jackrabbit, porcupine, raccoon, red fox, skunk or stray cat; and Until the date gray wolves are removed from the list of experimental nonessential population, endangered species or threatened species in Wyoming as provided by W.S. 23-1-108, "predatory animal" includes wolves."

-What Is The Status of Wolves In My Area of Wyoming?

- Wolves in Wyoming were removed from the endangered species list on April 25, 2017. This means management of this species is now led by the State of Wyoming and is subject to state statutes and Commission regulations. Wolves outside the TGMA are now considered predatory animals as defined in state law and therefore can be harvested. Any wolf harvested in the predator zone must be reported to the Game and Fish within 10 days of harvest, this can be done by phone. Game and Fish would like to obtain a genetic sample from each harvested wolf.     These regulations can be found at:

 Wyoming Game & Fish Department

-Where In The State Of Wyoming Can I Hunt Coyotes?

-Hunting is allowed on all federal, state, and private lands; however, specific regulations and restrictions may change from year to year so be sure to consult current hunting regulations.

 -What Licenses Do I Need To Hunt Predators In Wyoming?

-Under Wyoming law, these animals may be taken year round and no license is required. However hunters must still abide by other laws pertaining to the taking of wildlife, i.e. prohibition of shooting from roads, fulfilling hunter safety requirements, hunting using artificial light etc.

 - How Do I Become A Licensed Predator Contractor?

- For all aerial hunting both the pilot and gunner must fill out and have approved an application form as well as a plane registration form.

   -  All Pilots must fill out a monthly Report:  Aerial Hunting Report

All other forms of predator management are considered hunting and require no other license outside of Wyoming Game and Fish requirements.




Return to Top

©Copyright. Wyoming Animal Damage Management Board.